Sunday 9 September 2012

Today I Discovered Vinyl!!!

Well, I am hooked!  Today I discovered vinyl wall art made on my Cricut.  I always knew the abilities...but until recently I was the owner of a 6" Cricut only.  I just didn't bother to venture into wall art with such limitations.  My project today is a combination between repurposing an old window, & a Cricut project. 

Here is the before:


Mike window before
And here is the after:




Mike window after

This window was given to me from my Brother...who felt that I needed it!  (Thanks Bro)
I dry brushed some green paint on it to clean it up a bit.  
I spray-painted frosted glass spray-paint on the back side to make it opaque. 

 I added the vinyl (created from a Cricut) to the front side. 
The cartridges I used are:
 "Phrases" - for the "hello" & the "Friends"
"Potpourri Basket" - for the "WELCOME" & the "HOME"
& "Plantin Schoolbook" for the letters for "To Our"






Showin' off my gigs here:  

http://www.tipjunkie.com/all-crafts/handmade-projects/homemade-projects-9-25/


Mod Vintage LifeLove the weinies!!  <3 <3 <3

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing Darlene, where do you get your ideas from in your sleep, keep up the great pieces that emerge from those sleeps.

    ReplyDelete