Saturday 9 July 2011

Welcome To The Farm

It's been a while since I posted. Tangled up in life with the end of the school year, summer fun, and work. I havn't been doing much restoring, but we bought a camper, and spent a weekend away recently. We went to my parents home, and I was up before daylight taking pictures of my parents fabulous yard. We have always referred to the place as "The Farm". It was my great Grandparents, then my Grandparents, and now my parents. They built a beautiful home, with lumber my Father cut from "The Farm".
Enjoy the photos, and a poem I wrote about the place in 2005.






Welcome to "The Farm"
The Jeffery home, you see
On the hill, and full of charm
In beautiful Cloudslee.






We have no livestock here,
Or vegetables for sale,
But if you watch, you'll see the deer,
And a neighbour mowing hay, to bale.



A W-4 putts around,
And a John Deere dozer too,
A riding lawn mower keeps the grounds,
& there is a little gardening to do.





Twice a day, precisely at 2 & 11,
Everything comes to a halt!
Like a thunder coming from heaven,
It's the train that is at fault!



As a kid I sat on the fence post,
Counting cars, and a vigorous wave,
"I counted 61" I would proudly boast,
"I saw 63" my brother would rave.




So, "Welcome to The Farm"
You don't need an invitation,
The friends and tea are warm,
And never, a lack of conversation!

Darlene Armstrong, 2005




No comments:

Post a Comment