Sunday 24 April 2011

Improvised Green Bean Casserole

Ok, My Mother does not like mushrooms, and neither do most of my extended family.  Could you imagine???  So, I really wanted to make "Green Bean Casserole" for Easter dinner.  I decided to improvise.  I was wandering around the grocery store, after choosing some awesome looking fresh green beans, trying to figure out what to use instead of the mushroom soup....and it hit me.  What about an alfredo sauce??  MMMmmmmm.....cheesey!  Problem Solved.  I made a double batch for the large family gathering.


  

1/4 cup fresh chopped onions
2 cans French's, French Fried Onions
1 jar Classico Alfredo Sauce
1 jar (the alfredo jar) full of milk
Fresh Ground Pepper

Mix everything except the fried onions in a bowl.  Put in a casserole dish & Bake @ 350, for 40 minutes.
Add fried onions on top, & serve!
Easy & Cheesy!!!
I must say....it may be even better than the original!  Even my kids ate it!






1 comment: